Mango Ginger is a family of ginger or turmeric. This is available in certain seasons only. This looks like normal ginger but it smells like raw mango. Some call it as white ginger. This has the best medicinal value and is very good for digestion. Unripe pepper is plucked fresh from the plant before it ripens. I learn this recipe from my periamma(Mom’s sister).
Mango ginger- 1 cup(peeled and sliced)
Fresh unripe pepper- 3 cups
Lemon juice- 4 tbsp
Salt- As preservative
Turmeric powder- 2 tsp
- Wash the unripe pepper and cut into one inch length.
- Wash the mango ginger, peel off the skin,and slice it like a disc.
- Boil ample of water to immerse the mango-ginger and green-pepper.
- Add salt and turmeric in the water.
- Keep the boiled water aside until becomes Luke warm.
- Now add the mango-ginger and unripe-pepper into it.
- After it gets cooled, store it in a air-tight container.
- It goes well with Curd rice.
- Since it is the pickle made without oil, it is good for health.